I have been honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Emeka Ofili. Thanks for the nomination my brother. It is a privilege to be recognized by you, and I encourage all who read this to visit your blog.
Rules for the Liebster Award
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award
1. Write a post showing your award.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you, by mentioning them and sharing about their blog in your acceptance post. Remember to leave a link to their blog in your post.
3. Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you gives you.
4. Nominate 5-10 bloggers who you think deserve this award.
5. Let the bloggers know that you nominated them.
6. Give them questions of your own to answer
My Answers to The Liebster Award Questions
Emeka gave me these questions to answer:
1) What made you decided to start blogging? It is more like ‘Who helped me decide to start blogging?’ I have an inherent drive to communicate, especially by the spoken and written word. God called me to pastoral ministry over 30 years ago. I have been feeling His call to write for a few years and recently retired from the pastorate to pursue this call.
2) What’s your favorite social media and your 3 favorite books? I don’t know that I have a favorite social media. I have been spending a lot of time at a new outlet called GAB because it seems to honor free speech more than Google or Twitter or Facebook. That does mean some objectionable speech gets onto GAB, however, I believe that the truth will win out and it is necessary to confront “bad” speech with good, righteous speech. My 3 favorite books are ONE: The Bible; TWO: “The Lord of The Rings” by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have read the trilogy over 20 times and am still in awe of Tolkien’s genius. THREE: “The Light and The Glory” by David Manuel and Peter Marshall. A wonderful history of early America based on the idea that God had a grand plan for America. I can’t recommend this highly enough. It is thoroughly researched and full of quotes from the founding fathers themselves.
3) If you were to live somewhere else, which place would that be and why? If I chose in the U.S. it would have to be my childhood home near the Sierra Nevada mountains. If anywhere in the world, it would be Israel. What city I do not know, it would be enough to live in the “Holy Land.”
4) What’s your ultimate blogging goal? To be able to get the word about the Word out to as many people as possible with this venue. Hopefully, this will include a book I am currently working on that might be released (when it’s ready!) on my site. That is still to be determined.
5) What is your life motto? My motto is encapsulated by my life verse: “He must increase, but I must decrease.” John 3:30
Here are the sites I believe deserve the recognition of a Liebster Award.
Some Questions For the Nominees
1. Other than God, who most inspired you to begin blogging and how did they do it?
2. Is there any other period of history you would like to have lived in?
3. Other than the Bible, what book has most influenced your life?
4. What is your favorite Christmas movie, book or work of art?
5. If you were blessed with a miracle gift of 1 million dollars, what would you do first?
Congratulations to the nominees and I hope and pray that all are richly blessed in the coming new year.
In text image #1 Courtesy of Randal Cooper’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
In text image #2 Courtesy of Dennis Jarvis’ Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
In text image #3 Courtesy of Tjflex2’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License